The Beadle Center houses core research facilities that support faculty research at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Below is a description of the resources and equipment available in each facility.
Metabolomics and Proteomics Core Facility:
- Applied Biosystem QTrap 4000 Triple Quad
- Thermo-LCQ Fleet
- Bruker SolariX-70 with ETD
- Q Star XL
Spectroscopy and Bioimaging:
- Cary 50 UV-visible spectrophotometer
- Varian (part of Agilent Technologies, Inc.) Eclipse model spectrofluorometer
- Olis circular dichroism, Agilent Technologies, Inc. ICP-MS Model 7500ce
- Hi-Tech stopped-flow apparatus, isothermal calorimeter and differential scanning calorimeter from Microcal-GE Healthcare Inc.
- ProteomeLab™ XL-A/XL-I Protein Characterization ultracentrifuge
- X-ray Rigaku Diffractometer
- Three electron microscopes
- Two confocal microscopes
- Laser-capture microdissection system.
These microscopy systems are linked via a high capacity local network for fast and efficient data transfer.
Protein Core Facility:
- Beckman Optima Maz-XP
- Optima TL 100 ultracentrifuges
- Cary 14 spectrophotometer
- Fuji Film FLA-5100 fluorescent scanner
- 2-D protein gel systems
- HPLC and FPLC systems