The Redox Biology Center houses Core research facilities that support faculty research at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Below is a description of the resources and equipment available in each facility.
Metabolomics and Proteomics Core Facility:
- Applied Biosystem QTrap 4000 Triple Quad
- Thermo-LCQ Fleet
- Bruker SolariX-70 with ETD
- Q Star XL
- LTQ Velos Pro System with ETD.
Spectroscopy and Bioimaging:
- Cary 50 UV-Visible spectrophotometer
- Agilent-Cary Eclipse Spectrofluorimeter with thermostat and 96-well plate capability.
- Jasco J-815 Circular Dichroism and Fluorescence Polarization
- Agilent ICP-MS 7500cx with 96-well plate autosampler
- Blitz Forte Bio (mini SPR unit)
- Hi-Tech stopped-flow apparatus with Fluorescence and Diode Array detectors
- Microcal Isothermal Calorimeter
- Microcal Differential Scanning calorimeter
- Beckman ProteomeLab™ XL-A/XL-I Analytical Ultracentrifugation
- X-ray Rigaku Diffractometer
- Sciex 4000QTrap Triple-quadrupole Mass Spectrometer interfaced with HPLC for standard and capillary LC separations.
- Three electron microscopes
- Two confocal microscopes
- Laser-capture microdissection system.
These microscopy systems are linked via a high capacity local network for fast and efficient data transfer.
Protein Core Facility:
- Beckman Optima Maz-XP
- Optima TL 100 ultracentrifuges
- Cary 14 spectrophotometer
- Fuji Film FLA-5100 fluorescent scanner
- 2-D protein gel systems
- HPLC and FPLC systems